Monday, November 07, 2005

Supernatural Joy!

The first time I ever experienced pure joy is still etched in my brain. I could take you to the very spot on the highway where it happened as I returned from work one day. All of a sudden...BOOM! Inexpressible joy! Immediately, these thoughts came from within...somewhere deep inside:

Me: "Where did that come from? Was I doing something to cause it? Was it a song I was listening to? It had to be a thought I was thinking...no, that can't be it. I want that back!"

God: "It's a gift."

Me: "A gift?"

God: "Yes, a gift. You've been obedient to me. You've been listening to me and I wanted to give you something to show I love you. Don't make the mistake of thinking you earned it. You can't earn this. It's a gift. And, don't try to pay me for it. That would offend me. Just stay obedient to me and I will give you more. Oh, by the way, I'm proud of you. I love you."

***speechless***

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home