Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Proud to be an American?

Ask anyone in the United States, “What is your nationality?” and they will invariably respond incorrectly. They will insist they are American. They are American but not by nationality. The continent of America contains many nations. Canadians are Americans. They are North Americans. We have Central and South Americans as well.

When you tell persons in the United States that they are not American by nationality, and push them further to state their true nationality, they will instead insist (also incorrectly) that they are German-American or African-American. These may be the birth countries of their ancestors but that is not THEIR land of birth. They are uniquely United Statesians!

Why are United Statesians so confused about their nationality? It is because we do not have this term United Statesians in our vocabulary. Even my spell checker, as I am typing this, underlines it as an incorrect word! Neither do my countrymen recognize it. Yet, United Statesian is our nationality.

United Statesians are confused by the disease of multiculturalism that has robbed us of our honorable birthright, our common language, our unique culture, and our Christian heritage. It is the reason why we continue to be divided by race and culture.

I am proud of my heritage. I proclaim it. I advocate it. I teach it. I promote it. I advance its honorable and divine principles. These are the only principles that will sustain us in our desire to remain one nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home