Monday, January 16, 2006

I'm Drunk!

How do I explain this? How can I describe it? I don't have the vocabulary. There are no words. It's like a drunk! I've never been on a drunk. I've never been drunk. How would I know drunk?

But, that has to be what this feels like! I can’t stop laughing and smiling. I laugh and people look at me funny. They say, "That's not funny. Why are you laughing?" It's not me. It's inside. It's like bubbling up.

I didn’t jog this morning. I get a similar "high", slight euphoria, after a good run. But, I didn't run! This is manic! But, I’m not manic! (I’m more depressive! HA!)

I have the same worries and problems I had yesterday! My wife is still gone. She's been gone several days. Down with her Dad. His cancer is back. It's in his lymph system now. Chemo, again. Not good. So sad. I woke up with a headache. The alarm didn’t go off. I’m running late for work. My sinus infection is back, again. Then, I'm driving to work, late, and BOOOMMMM! Inexpressible joy! I’m on the phone with my wife and we are having a ball. We are bursting with laughter, joking. Her Dad is dying. We're laughing like two kids! We're nuts! We've both lost our minds!

We're not nutso. We know nutso. We've been nutso. This is joy. This is indescribable. This is unexplainable. (God, you let me bottle this stuff and we'll make a fortune. No hang over! HA! Sorry God, not exactly a spiritual thought. I'm just SO giddy!)

Thank you, Father. You are faithful. Keep this "drunk" coming! It's SO great. I love being drunk on you! It doesn't matter what others think. It doesn't matter that everyone thinks we've lost our minds.

We're not crazy. God, we're just crazy in love with you!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home