Monday, January 16, 2006

My Unbelief

I have this habit of running ahead of God. He gives me this faint inkling of what he wants to do in my life and I am off to the races to make it happen. It never works out like HE intended because I am not patient enough to wait for him. Eventually, I’m crawling back to him on my knees, bloodied and bleeding, seeking his will once more.

Why is it so hard for me to wait for him to open each door? What makes me so presumptuous to think that I know what is the right thing to do with my life? It has to be lack of faith. I don’t trust him to do what I need him to do when I think I need it! I don’t trust him to give me what I think I need. I don’t trust him.

Father, help me to trust you more. Help me to trust you with every facet of my life, especially my relationships. You have always proved faithful in the past. I don’t know why I doubt you. But, I do.

Lord, I’m sorry. Help my unbelief.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home