Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Life Storms

Violent storms on the Sea of Galilee were quite common, but this storm must have been terrible. It stirred deep fear in these experienced fishermen while the Master slept. They awakened him and he calmed the storm and the angry sea. He then asked them, “Where is your faith?”

Sounds a lot like a conversation I had in the middle of my life storm.

God: “Where is your faith?”

Me: “I think I lost it.”

God: “How did that happen? No one can steal your joy without your permission.”

Me: “What do you mean, Lord?”

God: “Do you still think you need them more than me?”

Me: “I thought I couldn’t live without them.”

God: “Can you live without them?”

Me: “I’m hurt. I want you to fix it. Can you fix it?”

God: “Will that bring you peace?”

Me: “Sure! I’m sick of crying. I want the pain to go away. Will you take it away?”

God: “Are you implying that MY peace comes in the absence of your pain?”

***long pause***

Me: “No, I guess not. I didn't have this pain before my life storm and I didn't have your peace.”

God: “Exactly.”

Me: “Are you saying you can give me a peace that no life storm will take away?”

God: “That’s why I’m here.”

Me: “I’m glad you’re here.”

God: “I never left.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home